Sunday 11 December 2011

The saddest hug

The saddest hug I have had with daughter this year was when she was having a finger prick done to check her bloods.  She doesn't like having these, and I hold her close to me so that she can't see what they are doing.  They prick the finger then squeeze enough blood to half fill a vial.  It takes a few minutes and makes daughter feel quite sick.


This time, I was hugging her and she started humming Winnie the Pooh.


I used to sing it to her when she was little and I was cutting her nails.  She is Asperger's and hypersensitive, so having her nails cut can be horrible for her.  I sung Winnie the Pooh to distract her and stop her feeling scared.


Because of her autism, she doesn't always tell me how she feels.  Holding her and hearing her hum the song just reminded me how hard all of this is on her.



No comments:

Post a Comment