Monday 27 February 2012

The dreaded chicken pox has finally landed

Son has the pox.  Poor little guy.  I'm going to have to come out of work unpaid whilst he's poorly, and I was only just getting re-established.  We were just getting into the swing of toilet training too.


Anyway, the hospital aren't too worried as daughter still has evidence of the antibodies in her blood from when she had it as a child.  If they don't have these, cancer patients can face several days of IV antibiotics in hospital in order to ensure they don't catch the disease.  It can be fatal.


I'll still be watching daughter like a hawk though as she did develop shingles recently - as did several of the children with cancer at our clinic - and that meant lots of antibiotics at home.


I am keeping my fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. It seems to be the season for chicken pox. Hopefully all will go as smoothly as possible in your house. Thinking of you, Emx ps well done on losing 17lbs- what a great achievement especially given the enormous strain you must be under.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emma. I hope that you and your family are well, Must catch up on my blog reading :-) x

    ReplyDelete